When considering the options available for selling a house quickly, many sellers wonder how to sell a house as is. Everyone knows you should conduct a great deal of planning and research before you buy a house. Most people, however, don’t really do enough research or thinking when it’s time to sell.
Below is everything you need to know about how to sell a house as is. What does it mean to sell a house as is? To sell a house as is refers to selling a property without making any updates, repairs or improvements. Simply put, the house will be sold to a buyer in its current condition.
What is an as is condition clause?
An as is condition clause is what sellers include in the sales contract to let potential buyers know that the house is being sold as is, without repairs and improvements. Sellers still must include known damages and defects, but refuse to make any repairs and let the buyers know through this clause.
Can you sell a house as is in ?
Sellers can indeed sell a house as is in Tampa. Buyers buying the house as-is expect to purchase it in the condition in which they saw it on the date of the contract.
Considerations When Selling a House As Is:
1. Decide what offers to accept.
2. Knowing your “floor” will be important when it’s time to make decisions.
3. If you’re upside down on your mortgage, then you might not be able to afford below a certain amount unless it’s your last chance to stop foreclosure. If you’ve built a lot of equity then you can afford to be more flexible. Either way, knowing your “rock bottom” number is incredibly helpful.
4. Evaluate market conditions. This will help you discover several things. First, you’ll find out how long it’s probably going to take to sell your home. Second, you’ll get a sense of your best case scenario. Business Insider offers a valuable, step-by-step process for evaluating the current state of the real estate market, both in your city and in your neighborhood.
5. Assess necessary repairs. Even when selling a house as is, the law requires sellers to disclose any defects of the house.
Try to get quotes for each repair. At the very least, you’ll be in a stronger position to negotiate when buyers want to lower the price of the home.
How to sell a house as is for cash.
You have two options when selling a house as is. One is to sell the home through a traditional real estate agent, which can take 2 to 4 months in normal market conditions.
The second option is to sell to a real estate investor who will take the house as is. The process takes 1 to 7 days, depending upon your needs.
Many sellers ask us, “how can I sell my house now?” If you’re looking for a quick sale of an as is house, the best thing to do is connect with a local real estate investor and they will ask a few questions about the house, and answer all of your questions regarding an as is sale.
365 Home Buyers offers no obligation quotes on as is houses in as little as just a few hours.
Call us! We’re happy to answer your questions and help you run the numbers.
Contact us for a free, no-risk quote within 24 hours.
Get a Quick Cash Offer | Call